It is a civil ceremony that is conducted city offices. A religious ceremony also is performed. The ceremony is similar to those in the western country with the addition of sponsors. Principal sponsors are friends and relatives who have positions of influence in the community. The number of principal sponsors attests to the popularity and potential success of a couple. It also reduces a couple's expenses, since each principal sponsor is expected to contribute a substantial amount of cash. Members of the wedding party are secondary sponsors who do not have to provide funds.
Arranged marriages have not been part of Filipino life. However, men are expected to marry and if a man has not married by his late twenties, female relatives begin introducing him to potential brides.
The extended family is the most important societal unit, especially for women. Women's closest friendships come from within the family. Mothers and daughters who share a home make decisions concerning the home without conferring with male family members. One child remains in the family home to care for the parents and grandparents. This child, usually a daughter, is not necessarily unmarried. The home may include assorted children from the extended family, and single aunts and uncles. Several houses may be erected on the same lot to keep the family together. Childcare is shared. Fathers carry and play with children but are unlikely to change diapers. Grandparents who live in the home are the primary care givers for the children since both parents generally work but in this modern times they use to hire some close relative or friends to take care of take care of their children .
Kalakasan at Kahinaan ng Katangian ng mga Filipino
1. Pakikipagkapwa-tao : Opening yourself to others and feel one with others with dignity and - Respect life as fellow human beings
- Sense of fairness and justice
- Concern for others
- Ability to empathize with others
- Helpfulness and generosity
- Practice of hospitality
- Sensitive to other feelings and trust
2. Family Orientation : A genuine and deep love for family.
- Commitment and responsibility
- Honor and Respect
- Generosity and Sacrifice
- Sense of trust and Security
3. Joy and Humor : Filipinos have a cheerful and fun-loving approach to life and its up and down, Pleasant Disposition, a Sense of Humor and Propensity for happiness that contribute not only to the Filipino charm but also to the Filipino Spirit.
* Laughing or smiling at those we love and hate.
* Tend to make joke about our good and even bad fortune
* Smiling and heads up even in the most trying of times
- Emotional balance and optimism
- Healthy disrespect for power and office.
4. Flexibility, Adaptability and Creativity
- Easy to adapt, blend to other culture, practice other tradition, speak and study other languages and even diff. environment or climate)
5. Hard Work and Industry : Capacity for hard work given to raise one's standard living of a decent life for one's family.
6. Faith and Religiosity : Faith in God - accepting reality to comprehend as a human created by God. "Pampalakas-loob"
7. Ability to Survive
Google+ - Linkedin - Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter
Online Crib co-owner
Local SEO Consultant and a blogger
Gerry is the one of the founder of Online Crib Co.. He started as a Graphic artist and a link builder but now turned to young internet marketer.
+63 927 305 4403